Chapter 3 - Working with OUTQTRG Rules
The WRKOUTQTRG display allows you to add, delete, modify and copy rules set up for spooled file selection by the Output Queue Trigger Monitoring Program. Each rule is uniquely identified by an ID that you create.
Entries that appear in yellow are active, the others are not active and will not be used in the spooled file selection criteria by the output queue monitoring service job for execution.
The following figure shows the WRKOUTQTRG display and the function keys that are available.
5/01/04 Output Queue Trigger (OUTQTRG) TS400
15:33:52 Command Maintenance BVSTONE
Type options, press Enter.
1=Add 2=Work with Command 3=Copy 4=Delete
Opt ID Command
_ ____________________ __________________________________________________
_ MAIL1_______________ SPL2EMAIL FILE(&F) JOB(&N/&U/&J) SPLNBR(&S) FRO...
_ TEST1_______________ SNDMSG MSG('The values were &F &J &U &N &S &Q &...
F3=Exit F4=Prompt F5=Refresh
- Add - Add a new rule to the list.
- Work with Command - Work with the command associated to the ID as well as the rules for spooled file selection.
- Copy - Copy an ID to another ID.
- Delete - Delete an ID.
- F3=Exit - Exit the WRKOUTQTRG program.
- F4=Prompt - When entering a command, this allows you to prompt on the command to fill in the command paramters.
- F5=Refresh - Refresh the display
Working with Commands
When you select to add, modify or copy an entry you will first be presented with a screen that allows you to enter a the command associated with the entry.
This screen is shown in the following figure.
Enter Extended Command
ID . . . . . TEST1
Enter extended Command:
SNDMSG MSG('The values were &F &J &U &N &S &Q &L &R &A &Y &X') TOUSR(&U)
On this display you enter the command that is associated with the current entry. Substitution variables can be used and are as follows:
- &F - File Name (10a)
- &J - Job Name (10a)
- &U - User (10a)
- &N - Job Number (10a)
- &S - Spooled File Number (6a)
- &Q - Output Queue or Device Name (10a)
- &L - Output Queue or Device Library Name (10a)
- &R - User Data (10a)
- &A - Accounting Code (15a)
- &Y - Form Type (10a)
- &X - Print Text (30a)
- &D - User Defined Data (V4R3 and up only) (100a)
- &G - Number of pages (v2.02 w/ SP071228 and up only) (15a)
The following substitution variables are available in v2.02 and up
- &M - Machine/System Name (10a)
- &CY - Current Year (4a)
- &CM - Current Month (2a)
- &CD - Current Day (2a)
- &CH - Current Hour (2a)
- &CN - Current Minutes (2a)
- &CS - Current Seconds (2a)
- &PY - Spooled File Creation Year (4a)
- &PM - Spooled File Creation Month (2a)
- &PD - Spooled File Creation Day (2a)
- &PH - Spooled File Creation Hour (2a)
- &PN - Spooled File Creation Minutes (2a)
- &PS - Spooled File Creation Seconds (2a)
Entering Spooled File Selection Criteria
The next screen that you are presented with allows you to enter spooled file selection criteria. For most values *ALL or a generic* value is allows.
After you have entered the selection criteria, you will be asked to press the F13 key to verify the settings.
This is shown in the following screen shot.
Enter Spooled File Information
ID . . . . . TEST1
Active . . . . . . Y
File Name . . . . . *ALL
Job Name . . . . . *ALL
User . . . . . . . BVSTONE
Output Queue . . . *ALL
Library . . . . . *ALL
User Data . . . . . *ALL
Accounting Code . . *ALL
Print Text . . . . *ALL
- ID - The current ID that is being modified. This field is output only.
- Active - Specifies whether or not this rule is active or not. Rules that are not active (N) will not be considered by the output queue monitoring service job.
- File Name - Enter the file name, *ALL, or a generic* value to select spooled files by file name.
- Job Name - Enter the job name, *ALL, or a generic* value to select spooled files by job name.
- User - Enter the user, *ALL, or a generic* value to select spooled files by user.
- Output Queue - Enter the output queue, *ALL, or a generic* value to select spooled files by output queue. The value for the output queue library can also be a name, *ALL, or a generic* value, but it CANNOT be *LIBL.
- User Data - Enter the user data, *ALL, or a generic* value to select spooled files by user data.
- Accounting Code - Enter the accounting code, *ALL, or a generic* value to select spooled files by accounting code.
- Print Text - Enter the print text, *ALL, or a generic* value to select spooled files by print text.