Chapter 2 - SPLTOOL Display Options
The SPLTOOL display contains many options that make copying page ranges and trasferring spooled easy. The display is designed to be user friendly and easy to use. If a user is familiar with either the WRKOUTQ or WRKSPLF command displays, working with SPLTOOL will seem like second nature.
Along with the basic options found in the WRKOUTQ and WRKSPLF commands, SPLTOOL has a few more options defined to perform certain tasks. What also makes SPLTOOL very versitile is the ability to create user defined options similar to the way you can create them in PDM. More on creating and using user defined options is discussed in Chapter 8.
Your display may or may not have all the options shown here. The Spooled File Tools Configuration (SPLTOOLCFG) command can be used by your system administrator to limit the options for each user.
The options available are as follows:
- Print Range - Use this option to create a duplicate of the specified spooled file. With this option you are able to select a range of pages to duplicate as well as the target output queue. This option has the option to be performed interactively or in batch.
- Copy to Folder - Use this option to copy a spooled file to a folder.
- Hold - Use this option to change the status of the spooled file to *HOLD.
- Delete - Use this option to delete a spooled file. A verification screen will be shown before the spooled file is deleted.
- Display - Use this option to display the contents of the spooled file.
- Release - Use this option to release a held or saved spooled file to be printed.
- Copy to PF - Use this option to copy a spooled file to a physical file.
- Copy to Stream File - Use this option to copy a spooled file to a stream file that will reside in a directory in the Integrated File System (IFS).
- FTP Spooled File - Use this option to send a spooled file to another machine using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) method. The machine that you send the spooled file to must be running an FTP server.
- EMail - Use this option to email the spooled file as an attachement. This option is a seperate download and requires V4R3 or higher of the operating system.
Adding the character "S" following the option will allow the user to select lines from each page that will be omitted from the final document created.