Because many of our products such as GETURI and MAILTOOL use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and/or Transport Layer Security (TLS), this site was created so that it would be easier for users to solve issues regarding SSL or TLS.
The most common error received is "Not Trusted" which is a return code of 23. This normally means that you will need to import one or more Certificate Authorities (CAs) into the *SYSTEM store of your IBM i (System i, iSeries, AS/400) using Digital Certificate Manager (DCM).
- SSL FAQ Page
- SSL Return Code List and Descriptions
- Common SSL/TLS Return Codes/Errors (links to external site)
- Working with the Digital Certificate Mananger (DCM)
- Exporting Certificate Authorities (CAs) from a website
- Retrieving Certificate Authorities (CAs) using OpenSSL
- Creating the *SYSTEM Store
- Importing a Certificate Authority (CA)
- Creating or Renewing your IBM i SSL Certificate [pdf]