Chapter 6 - The SPLTOOLCFG Command
The Spooled File Tools Configuration (SPLTOOLCFG) command allows you to customize the SPLTOOL display for each user. This allows you to limit which options and function keys and parameters are available on a per user basis. This enables you to provide a layer of security for users using SPLTOOL.
The SPLTOOLCFG command is shown here:
SPLTOOL Configuration (SPLTOOLCFG)
Type choices, press Enter.
User name . . . . . . . . . . . *ALL *CURRENT, *ALL, Name
F3=Exit F4=Prompt F5=Refresh F12=Cancel F13=How to use this display
- User Name - Enter the user name you want to work with in the SPLTOOLCFG command. *CURRENT will work with the curent user id, *ALL will list all users, or enter a user name.
Once working with a user or list of users, you can easily change the options, function keys, and parameters that a particular user can work with. If a user is not in the list, then no restrictions are placed upon the user when using the SPLTOOL command.
The user id *DFT should always be in your list. If you delete it, a new one will be added automatically by SPLTOOL. The *DFT user is used when creating new users. The new user automatically gets the settings of user *DFT when created.
To add a new user to the SPLTOOLCFG list, simply enter a name on the blank line and press enter.
Following is a sample display of the SPLTOOLCFG display and a description of each of the parameters.
2/26/00 SPLTOOL Configuration (SPLTOOLCFG)
User Name . . *ALL
Type options, Press Enter.
4=Delete 5=Work With
- Protect - - Allow Options - - Allow F-Keys -
Opt User ID UserID OutQ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 U F6 F7 F9 F10 F16 F23
_ *DFT N N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
_ BSTONE N N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
_ JPARKER Y Y Y Y Y N Y Y Y Y Y N Y Y Y Y Y Y
_ LSMITH N Y N N N N Y N N N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
__________ N N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
F3=Exit F5=Refresh F23=Display Options/F-Keys
- Opt - Enter a valid option. Option 4 will delete the user from the list. Option 5 will let you work with the user defaults for the specified user. These are the same defaults that the user sees when they use the F23 key from the SPLTOOL main display.
- User ID - Displays the user id for which restrictions are applied.
- Protect UserID - This option lets you specify if you want to protect the User Name parameter in SPLTOOL. Specifying Y on this option will restrict the user from changing the User Name parameter while using SPLTOOL.
- Protect OutQ - This option lets you specify if you want to protect the Output Queue parameter in SPLTOOL. Specifying Y on this option will restrict the user from changing the Output Queue parameter while using SPLTOOL.
- Allow Options - These settings let you specify if you want certain options in SPLTOOL to be used by certain users. The number represents the option in SPLTOOL. For example, 1=Print Range, 2=Copy to Folder, etc. The option U is used to limit user options for this user. Pressing the F23 key will show a list of options and function keys available and their meaning.
- Allow F-Keys - User these settings to specify which function keys you wish to restrict for a particular user. Each function key relates to a funciton key on the SPLTOOL display. Pressing the F23 key will show a list of options and function keys available and their meaning.